Services Provided by Crossroads Resource Center
Crossroads Resource Center can help your community fashion a food system that responds to local people and local needs—one that builds health, wealth, connection, and capacity in your community.
We offer a variety of tools for your community to use, developed over nearly four decades of close collaboration with residents of rural and urban communities:
- We assess your local (or state) farm and food economy
- We provide solid data
- We provide state-of-the-art technical information
- We link you to the best resource people
- We consult on business strategy, especially food business clusters
- We advise you on community investment options
- We help you measure success
- We help you evaluate your local foods effort
- We develop creative responses to common challenges
Local Economic Studies
Ken Meter is available to speak on many topics, including:
- Finding Food in Farm Country
- Successful Local Foods Networks
- Local Foods as Economic Development
- Food versus Fuel?
- Evaluating Local Foods Initiatives
- Working with Food Systems as Systems
- Planning and Measuring Community Sustainability
and more! —contact Ken and we will tailor something to your needs.